New York City (August 2017)

My spouse and I visited New York City for a weekend in mid-August 2017 to celebrate my birthday. We stayed downtown near the Financial District at the Millennium Hilton, where we coincidentally stayed last year on my birthday weekend. On our previous visit, we toured the 9-11 Museum and World Trade Center memorial site and the Woolworth Building. On this visit, we spent time learning about Battery Park (including Castle Clinton, the WWII wall, and the Seaglass carousel), and we walked around the tip of the island past the Staten Island Ferry terminal and the terminal for the boat to Governor’s Island (nearly to the Heliport). We walked through the Oculus and its shopping mall to reach the downtown location of Eataly, where we ate lunch at Osteria della Pace. We stopped at Fraunces Tavern and the Irish American for drinks, and we ate a Laotian lunch at Khe-Yo (by Marc Forgione) and an amazing dinner (including “baby bananas”) at Jungsik. We finished the weekend with a family dinner gathering.
Hotel:
  • Millennium Hilton Link to my review
Restaurants:
  • Osteria della Pace Link to my review
  • Khe-Yo Link to my review
  • Jungsik Link to my review
  • Fraunces Tavern Link to my review
  • Irish American Link to my review
Activity:
  • Battery Park Link to my review
  • Charging Bull
  • Oculus at the World Trade Center Link to my review

No comments: