Milpitas CA: Larkspur Landing Milpitas (August 2008)

I enjoyed my 3-night stay at the Larkspur Landing Milipitas for business reasons. It's definitely a step above other "residential" hotels that I've stayed in (e.g., Residence Inn, Extended Stay). I think part of its appeal is the colors and decor chosen for the hotel--its more homey than the usual off-white walls, etc. There is a breakfast buffet and evening munchies (minus the alcoholic beverages), plus round-the-clock lemonade and cookies on the front desk. Staff was more helpful here than other places that I've stayed. There is a TINY exercise room (one treadmill, one elliptical trainer, a few free weights), and a TINY outdoor jacuzzi. The lobby/breakfast/cocktail area is pleasant, with a fireplace and comfy furniture. The business/computer center is easily accessible, there's free wireless access, and it's simple to print from your room right to the business center computers (great for printing your boarding pass, directions, etc.). There is a Hilton Garden Inn right across the parking lot, along with an In-and-Out Burger, sushi restaurant, Starbucks, McDonalds, Carabbas, On-the-Border (Mexican restaurant), Black Angus Steakhouse, strip mall (with Borders bookstore, office supply store, Ross Dress-for-Less)--a good location to stay and that has a little to do/places to eat without having to drive anywhere. The hotel is located about 10 minutes from the San Jose Airport and right near several freeways. I wish there were more locations of this hotel brand available in the US. While I wouldn't have booked this hotel for myself (I probably would have chosen the aforementioned Hilton Garden), I'm glad that my corporate travel department chose this for me instead, because I found a new favorite economical brand when I'm near/on the Pacific Coast. 




No comments: