Fort Lauderdale (December 2017)

I visited Fort Lauderdale for three days in late December 2017. Initially, I was supposed to visit Deerfield Beach for a whole week, but my plans changed and I had to shorten the trip. (I couldn’t cancel entirely because I had purchased non-refundable tickets, and would have lost much of their value due to rebooking fees.) Because I really only had one full day, plus two partial days, I decided to stay in Fort Lauderdale so that I wouldn’t waste valuable time in transit. I had two free nights from Hilton HHonors points, so I chose between the three most suitable properties: the Doubletree Bahia Mar, the Hilton Marina, and the Embassy Suites 17th Street. I had stayed at the Embassy Suites previously, so I was familiar with that hotel, and it has a nice pool. I liked the Doubletree because it was on the beach, although it would mean contending with the 17th Street Causeway drawbridge on my way to and from the airport, and I didn’t want to waste any of my precious time sitting in traffic. So I decided on the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina because it looked more resort-like than the nearby Embassy Suites. My stay was successful and relaxing! Other than a late lunch at the Quarterdeck, I ate at the hotel’s Waterway and G Bar restaurants. Although it was a quick trip, it was nice to see sunshine and palm trees for a few days in the middle of winter.
Hotel:
Restaurants:

No comments: