New York City (January 2011)

My spouse and I planned this 1-night trip to New York City because we were awarded a free 1-night stay at the Waldorf-Astoria in an Astor Junior Suite to make up for a problem with our stay at the Waldorf the previous month. It was a bitterly cold weekend, and we really enjoyed the space that our 3-room suite provided because it was almost too chilly to walk around. We did some sightseeing, however, first stopping at the King Cole Bar at the St Regis to try their famous "red snappers" (Bloody Marys), before visiting the Museum of Modern Art. In the evening, we took a cab way downtown to dine at Wylie Dufresne's wd-50. On Sunday, we enjoyed brunch at David Burke Townhouse before driving home.

Hotel:
Waldorf-Astoria Link to my review

Restaurants:
  • King Cole Bar at the St Regis Link to my review
  • wd-50 Link to my review
  • David Burke Townhouse Link to my review

  • Activity:
    • Museum of Modern Art

    No comments: