Boston: InterContinental Boston (August 2010)

I stayed here for 2 nights in mid-August using a Priority Club award, which I feel was a great usage of my accumulated points. I was pleased with the hotel location along the Fort Point Channel - it was possible to walk everywhere, yet also close to the water taxis, ferries, bus terminal (South Station), and subway lines. I walked to Fanieul Hall, the Seaport area, Financial District, Chinatown, etc. The lobby is very modern looking, and there is a small gift shop, fitness center/spa/pool (which I did not see), sushi restaurant (Sushi-Teq), French brasserie (Miel), and rum bar (RumBa). There is some outdoor seating on the promenade along the river, so if it's a nice day, you can eat and dine outside while enjoying the view. There is a small, pretty park outside the front door of the hotel. The guestrooms and bathrooms were spacious. I had read some reviews about the sliding frosted glass panels between the bathroom and the bedroom areas, and I found them to be an interesting artistic touch that didn't hinder our privacy too much (although it's not as private as a traditional wall, obviously). The bathrooms have a separate standing shower and soaking tub, and bathrobes are provided. The bath products were standard Holiday Inn issue - disappointing for their flagship brand! There is a safe and umbrella in the closet. The rooms have mini-bars, but guests are warned not to touch or move anything, because they use an electronic system that charges you for things that you merely touch but do not consume. Parking was not included, but offered for $39 per day. The ICON garage is just passed the hotel entryway. I'm not sure if the rates are better if you park your car yourself (we used the valet); it is all covered/underground parking. I would definitely stay here again. 





No comments: