Philadelphia (December 2012)

My spouse and I visited Philadelphia on New Year's Eve in December of 2012. (We have visited Philadelphia previously on NY's Eve - because New York City is just too crazy - in 2010 and 2011.) On this visit, after checking into the Holiday Inn Express Midtown, we walked around the historic area, stopping in at the National Constitution Center and observing the Liberty Bell from afar. We had lunch at Jose Garces' Amada, followed by dinner at Kevin Sbraga's restaurant named Sbraga. After dinner, we changed into warm clothes and viewed the fireworks display at Penn's Landing. On Sunday, we watched some of the Mummer's Parade, before my spouse dropped me off at the airport to catch a flight to visit my parents in Florida. (My company imposed a mandatory vacation policy during New Year's week, and I decided to make the most of it by traveling.)

Hotels:
  Restaurants:


No comments: